South Carolina Japanese Language Supplimantary School
（Nonprofit social welfare organization）
The mission of this
school is to create a continuously improving environment that will
provide children of Japanese parentage residing in South Carolina with
training in Japanese Language as a mother language, an understanding of
Japanese culture, and an improved ability to adapt to the Japanese
educational environment after their return to Japan.
■Qualifications for admission: Admission to the school is restricted to students satisfying each of the following criteria.
- With the goodwill and understanding of
students, their guardians and instructors, the school seeks to maintain
and perpetuate an interesting and enjoyable learning environment for
the purpose of educating students to become well-rounded heirs to the
- The school seeks to allow students to experience
Japanese culture through the medium of traditional Japanese events and
field activities as well as Japanese language and math education in the
- The guardians and school-board committee members
will cooperate in efforts to improve the educational environment with
better arrangements and facilities.
- Elementary students must be at least six years old
when beginning school in April. Kindergarten students must be
four/five years old
- In principle, the children should be of Japanese parentage.
- The students must be recognized as appropriate to the purposes of the school.
* Children wishing to
enter the school who do not meet the above admission requirements will
be admitted at the discretion of the Steering Committee.